Gentile School-UM 36 x 24
Click Image to Enlarge
This old school house is in a remote part of the Arizona Strip. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints settled the area; where they built a school to service the community who settled in this area mostly for ranching and mining. But later settlers who were of other beliefs, decided to construct a second school, so they could have better control over who their children mixed with, it became known as the Gentile School. This was a more basic building than the first school, and has rapidly decayed since it’s closing in the 1950’s. There are still a few people in the St George Utah area who were students at this school.